A Special Needs Teaching Job
Qualified Teachers in Queens, NY
We are currently hiring a special needs teacher for our Queens, NY-based tutoring service. As one of New York City’s premier tutoring groups, our team at Tutors on Wheels is committed to bringing our students the best in caring and effective education. Our services include private tutoring, speech therapy, early intervention, and special needs education. As a special needs teacher for our team, you will be expected to be highly dependable, willing to commute, and attentive to the learning needs of special needs students. All candidates must be licensed special education teachers in New York State and willing to work both push-in and pull-out positions.
All candidates applying to the special needs teaching job currently available at Tutors on Wheels must meet the following requirements.
- Certified and licensed special education teachers in New York State (B-2, 1-6, 7-12)
- Willing to work mornings and days in both push-in and pull-out positions
- Willing to work with a student at home on the weekends
- Passionate about student growth and helping those with special needs.
Becoming A Special Needs Teacher At Tutors On Wheels
As a special needs teacher for Tutor on Wheels, your primary duty is to give students the attentive, individualized help they need in a safe and learning-conducive environment. Qualified candidates are expected to thrive in both push-in and pull-out teaching environments, as well as lead the Response to Intervention (RTI) process and build lasting and productive relationships with students and their parents. Our ideal candidate will know how to employ a unique, personalized teaching approach to each and every one of his or her students, fostering learning and real results through a dedicated investment in each student’s academic career. This means no “one size fits all” tutoring. It means outreach and collaboration with the student’s teachers, parents, and colleagues within our Tutors on Wheels team. Candidates must be willing to commute and work mornings and weekends. All candidates must be certified and licensed special education teachers in New York State (B-2, 1-6, 7-12).
To apply for the special needs teaching job currently available at Tutors on Wheels, please fill out the fields below. If you have any questions, contact our team directly for more information.
What Sets Us Apart?
- 15 Years of Experience
- Private Tutoring for K-12 and Beyond
- Specialize in One-on-One Tutoring
- Approved Vendor by the NYC-DOE
- Certified Teachers and Experienced Instructors
- Special Education Teachers for Students with IEPs
- Services Available at Student’s School, Home or Local Library
- Psychological Evaluations Offered
- Individualized Learning Plans based on Student Needs